If you think it's all about shelving and shushing... This is much harder than it looks.

Monday, January 8, 2007

Free ain't easy

My good friend over at Typewritten Teacup alerted me to the fact that Frank Warren, of PostSecret fame, will be at the Park Slope Barnes & Noble tomorrow, Tuesday, January 9, at 7:30 p.m. I wonder if I can sneak this into tomorrow night's plans...

When searching for the link to the event, I noticed a somewhat disconcerting trend. The events at Barnes & Noble aren't limited to author visits and signings. There is storytelling, knitting, read-alouds, writing workshops, etc.; the same sort of things that libraries are offering. If this is what the people want then the library should be overrun. I mean, our books are FREE! So why Barnes & Noble instead of NYPL?

Coffee.

No comments: