If you think it's all about shelving and shushing... This is much harder than it looks.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

psst...

I ended up stopping by the Frank Warren event on Tuesday night. I didn't stick around for too long though. A while back I went to the same Barnes & Noble to see Amber Benson do a Q&A for Ghost of Albion (I said I was a Buffy fan!) and it was a lot of fun. Amber talked about what it was like to write the book, her writing process, Buffy, and read from the novel; what you would expect from a Q&A.

However, the PostSecret was lacking. Yes, Frank talked about how the project happened (which you can read about on the website or in the book) and how it feels to receive these secrets (which interesting), but he also read some of the secrets aloud. I found that odd considering these were a) pieces of art and b) secrets written by others. Granted, I booktalk this book in classes I visit and it goes over well, so I too am reading other people's secrets... I guess I just find it weird to consider him "the author" when really he is only the editor.

Next on my reading list:
Avalon High by Meg Cabot (my first Meg Cabot, believe it or not!)
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn

No comments: