If you think it's all about shelving and shushing... This is much harder than it looks.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Team Edward

Over my winter holiday vacation I got the chance to read both Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer, which was recommended to me by just about every other YA librarian I know. Being a Buffy fan, I had the feeling I would love the novels, and I did so very, very much. Thankfully, for my tastes, it wasn't too gothy or Anne Rice-ish, to which it will draw comparisons from others. I'd hate to write more about Bella and Edward's story and ruin it for others, though. I will say that Forks exists in my mind very clearly and reminds me much of Ashland Nature center in Hockessin, Delaware (weird, eh?). And Edward reminds me of a couple of the boys I've fallen hard for in the past. Which means Meyer got it right!

Have the first TAG meeting of the new year, today. This is one thing that's not going so well for me. I can't seem to get kids to show up. I want to bribe them with the PS2 and XBOX-360, but I'm afraid it will just turn into Game Night. Also, I have no idea what to do with the TAG if they show up and we don't game. Yeargh.

My thought today is that if anyone comes up to the room for TAG, I'll try to have a discussion with them and bargain the games for TAG time... I feel like I'm doing this wrong. :(

Currently Reading: The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld (I need to read some non-vampire/non-Westerfeld books soon!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.